Weather & Hurricane Information
June 1 begins the hurricane season, which extends through November 30. The health, safety and welfare of our faculty, staff and students are of utmost importance, and we want to assure you that Broward College is prepared for the hurricane season.
Broward College has a multi-layered approach to emergency communications and should a storm threaten the South Florida area, you can keep up-to-date on the College's status through BC Alert, Broward College's new emergency notification system. Alerts are disseminated through telephone calls, text messages, social media platforms and emails. You are encouraged to review and update your Broward College contact information in order to ensure the BC Alert reaches the appropriate device. Please see update instructions below.
Status information will also be available on the Broward College web site (www.broward.edu), Workplace and through the use of several hotlines, including:
Additionally, the College's campus safety general help line, 954-201-HELP (4357), will be updated with appropriate information as necessary.
Below you will find several websites that provide important tools and tips:
Hurricane/Storm Tracking and Resources
- Plymouth State Weather Service
- NOAA National Hurricane Center/Tropical Prediction Center
- The Weather Channel Hurricane Central
- Weather Underground
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Sun Sentinel Hurricane Headquarters
- Ready South Florida
- Broward County Hurricane Preparedness
- Broward County Evacuation and Shelter Information
- Florida Pet-Friendly Emergency Shelters
- FPL Storm Center
- Generator-Ready Businesses