Physical Sciences Laboratory Requirements
1. Students must attend the first lab. Failure to do so may result in you being dropped from the lab to admit another student who did attend the first lab.
2. Chemistry Laboratory students must adhere to the following policy or you will be asked to leave the lab:
- long hair pulled back,
- closed-toe shoes,
- safety goggles, purchased by the student, OSHA-approved, that meet ANSI Z87.1-1989 standards (check with the BC bookstore) Safety glasses are prohibited.
- laboratory coat, purchased by the student, must be worn in the chemistry laboratories at all times (check with the BC bookstore)
For more information on Laboratory Safety Attire please view the Chemistry Laboratory Safety Contract.
3. All students attending any laboratory course should bring with them a ruler, calculator, pencil, pen, colored pencils, and sharpie markers.
The above requirements must be met for you to attend all laboratories in Physical Sciences including Astronomy, Chemistry, Earth Science, Environmental Science, Geology, Oceanography, Physical Sciences Survey, and Physics.
Laboratory Safety Contracts
Please read the following carefully, and be sure that you understand the contents completely, prior to filling in the information and signing.
This contract is for all of the chemistry laboratory courses: Central Campus Chemistry Student Laboratory Safety Contract
This contract is for the following courses: Astronomy, Earth Science, Geology, Oceanography, Physical Sciences Survey, and Physics: Central Campus Physical Sciences Student Laboratory Safety Contract
Laboratory Schedules/Online Manuals
Schedules are subject to change so check back often for updates.
The schedules may also change due to inclement weather.
Physical Sciences - TERM III May through August 2015
PHY 2053L Session 2
Material Safety Data SheetsTo access the MSDS's, click here.